We’re currently looking for a PHP Developer to expand our existing PHP project teams and help us support and grow our existing eCommerce platform.
We’re currently looking for a PHP Developer to expand our existing PHP teams and help us support and grow our existing eCommerce platform. We need problem-solvers, so the ability to investigate, understand and resolve issues is essential (whether working alone or as part of a team effort), as well as strong communication skills and attention to detail.
Working alongside the Team Leader and Senior Developers, you’ll be expected to provide support to our existing customers, as well as develop new features and complete bespoke projects following detailed specifications. The Development department is highly collaborative so strong communication skills and an inclination toward teamwork are a must.
The ideal candidate must have an excellent understanding of object orientated PHP within MVC frameworks, MySQL, and jQuery. As a minimum requirement, you will need three years of commercial experience.
We offer a competitive salary, a great working environment, and outstanding benefits (including a pension scheme, unlimited holidays, flexitime, flexible working, free breakfasts, subsidised gym membership, free protein shakes, company nights out and a BUPA Employee Assistance Programme) so if you think you’ve got what it takes to join one of the UK’s leading eCommerce providers, we’d love to hear from you.
What you'll be doing
- Developing new features for the vscommerce platforms
- Identifying and suggesting upon key areas of improvement throughout the systems
- Supporting existing and new developments
What we need to see
- Significant knowledge of OOP PHP development
- Experience with MySQL and database design
- Use of MVC Frameworks
- Ability to solve complex tasks
- Prior experience using git
- Passionate about development
- Enthusiastic and motivated
- Capacity and willingness to learn
- Ability to communicate with peers
- Ability to work to set timescales
- Happy and confident to work as part of a team but also as an individual
- Able to find answers on our own but also know when you need to ask questions
- Experience with eCommerce
What we've got to offer
We offer a competitive salary, a great working environment, and outstanding benefits including:
- Competitive basic salary
- Unlimited holiday
- Free breakfast, fruit & protein shakes
- Discount across our brands
- Regular team social events
- Training & development
So if you think you've got what it takes to join one of the UK's leading eCommerce providers, we'd love to hear from you.
A little formality... by applying you implicitly consent to us processing your personal data for review for this vacancy only.
How to apply
Fill out the form and add your current CV and a cover letter. Share your expertise and experience and tell us why you’re the perfect fit for our team!
We regret that, due to high competition for roles at Visualsoft, we are only able to contact successful candidates. If you don’t hear from a member of our team within 28 working days of submission, you have not been successful on this occasion.
Talent Hunter Referral Bounty - £2000 Help us find the right talent to join our team, and get a handsome reward in return. It couldn’t be easier - if you know someone that could be an ideal candidate, either refer them directly to us or simply ask them to include your details as the referer when they apply. If they land the job with us as a direct result of your referral, you get the bounty!