We're looking for an experienced and driven Visualsoft Developer to join our newly established Customer A&R team, which is responsible for building, supporting and improving platform functionality (including proprietary and integrated solutions) that’s specifically designed to attract customers.
Working closely with the Team Lead, you’ll help to deliver the team’s roadmap and the ongoing optimisation of functionality that falls under the Customer A&R umbrella (including loyalty scheme, newsletter, contact form, customer account area, and abandoned orders functionality). You’ll also be building and maintaining internal tools designed to improve marketing effectiveness and efficiency, as well as new features to help our clients increase customer lifetime value.
The role would suit a midweight or senior Developer with experience and interest in customer acquisition and retention functionality, and a commitment to delivering significant, measurable benefits to our platform’s stakeholders.
What you’ll be doing:
- Writing robust, elegant and efficient code in PHP, MySQL and jQuery, and learning/adopting other languages and frameworks as required
- Ensuring that all team-owned functionality is as performant as possible
- Contributing to the conception, development and delivery of new and improved functionality
- Supporting and maintaining team-owned functionality (including identifying and resolving issues)
- Liaising with clients and other stakeholders where required
- Ensuring the timely delivery of the team’s roadmap
- Acting as the primary developer on projects where required (with support from Team Lead)
- Collaborating with stakeholders to proactively enrich our software products
- Producing outstanding documentation (including specifications, setup guidance and user instructions)
- Adhering to our established development processes, procedures and standards
- Contributing to technical discussions, decisions and platform strategies
- Researching new tech, approaches and user-behaviour relevant to the team focus area
- Shadowing the Team Lead and providing cover in their absence
- Achieving Objectives (and Key Results) assigned to the team and its projects
What you need to have:
- Excellent working knowledge of PHP, MySQL, jQuery, Linux and APC
- Commercial experience of MVC architecture and modern PHP frameworks
- Minimum of 2 years’ commercial development experience
- Experience with Laravel and/or Lumen
- Demonstrable problem-solving skills
- Ability to explain complex projects, requirements and issues in clear, non-technical terms
- Proven commitment to improving efficiency, performance and outcomes
- An understanding of the Visualsoft values and how they apply to your role
What we've got to offer
We offer a competitive salary, a great working environment, and outstanding benefits including:
- Competitive basic salary
- Unlimited holiday
- Fully flexible working
- Bupa Employee Assistance Programme
- VS Perks, have a monthly treat on us; from Amazon vouchers, Playstation credits, Birchbox to Just Eat there's something for everyone!
- Free breakfast, fruit, hot and cold drinks & protein shakes
- Friday afternoon drinks - wind down for the weekend with a choice of soft and alcoholic drinks
- Pension scheme
- Discounts across our brands
- Regular team social events
- Training & development
So if you think you've got what it takes to join one of the UK's leading eCommerce providers, we'd love to hear from you. A little formality... by applying you implicitly consent to us processing your personal data for review for this vacancy only.
How to Apply:
Fill out the form below and add your current CV and a cover letter. Share your expertise and experience and tell us why you're the perfect fit for our team!
We regret that, due to high competition for roles at Visualsoft, we are only able to contact successful candidates. If you don't hear from a member of our team within 28 working days of submission, you have not been successful on this occasion.
Talent Hunter Referral Bounty - £2000 Help us find the right talent to join our team, and get a handsome reward in return. It couldn’t be easier - if you know someone that could be an ideal candidate, either refer them directly to us or simply ask them to include your details as the referer when they apply. If they land the job with us as a direct result of your referral, you get the bounty!